Monday, July 20, 2009

Aluminum Water Bottle

This weekend at Target I was able to buy something I had my eye on during the week... It was on sale for $10 -- originally 12.98. It is a Gaiam aluminum water bottle. The first time I saw them in the store I thought, OK, these look cool but why do I need one? Here's what the label says:

Why Aluminum?

  • 86% of plastic water bottles used in the United States end up in landfills, taking up to 1,000 years to biodegrade
  • Transporting bottled water consumes approximately 1.5 million barrels of fossil fuel per year
  • Americans are currently adding 30 million PET water bottles to our landfills every day
  • When you use an aluminum bottle, your water remains free of unhealthy plastic residues

  • Sounds good to me! So other than the Earth-friendly ones, he
    re are the me-friendly reasons I bought it:
    • BPA Free - I know, it's aluminum but sometimes aluminum containers are lined with something containing BPA (supposedly, I've only read that once)
    • Lots of really cute designs (couldn't find a manly enough looking one for Erik though...)
    • Holds a lot more than my (recycled) plastic bottle
    • Can hold hot or cold liquids -- not frozen or boiling
    • And my favorite... you can put things other than water in it! Awesome!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment